Real Estate Litigation

Did the other party back out of a real estate deal? You may have the right to ask the court to order that the deal be completed ( “specific enforcement”), because each piece of real estate is unique. Were you misled or deceived by a seller or buyer in a real estate transaction? If so, you can turn to the court for justice, by filing a civil action for breach of contract, fraud, deceit, intentional misrepresentation or negligent misrepresentation. Property disputes come in all shapes: is a neighbor’s fence on your property? Has excavation or construction work done on adjoining land caused water, dirt, mud or debris to be deposited in your yard? Is a neighbor doing things on his land that adversely affects your enjoyment of your land? Do you need town permission to change or add to your home? Disputes arising from the ownership and use of real estate often end up in District or Superior Court, or in the specialized Land Court. You need an attorney who has the knowledge and experience to fight for your rights.